The Subrogation Specialist uses their considerable claims handling knowledge and experience to investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle/resolve all aspects of both first and third party commercial auto claims to the best of their abilities, including all related property damages and bodily injuries.
This is specialized work in the processing and evaluation of complex subrogation claims for commercial auto claims, and specialty recovery of claim for QEO. Work involves all aspects of subrogation, and reimbursements. An employee should exercise considerable independent judgment negotiating settlements and recovering money from the responsible parties to a loss. Employee must have decision making abilities to coordinate liability with recovery potential. Work entails heavy public contact through telephone and written correspondence. Work is primarily intellectual and varied in character, and requires the consistent exercise of discretion and judgment in its performance.
Research, evaluate and process all aspects of subrogation claims. Prepare investigation, correspondence with attorneys and QEO. Negotiate claims, collection settlement, subject to the QEO’s approval. Obtain statements from witnesses and other parties. Establishes and maintain files for subrogation. Guide claims through process, diary and conducts reviews of losses to determine potential for each claim. Establish initial contact with claimants, insurance carriers and attorneys of our intent of recovery. Establish agreements for release and monthly payment contracts with claimant. Work closely with adjusters in order to maintain active and accurate reporting to clients. Prepare investigative correspondence for each file and to acquire background information, and support documentation for each case. Obtain statements from witnesses and other adverse parties, by phone or through correspondence. Provide assistance to attorneys for litigation cases. Secure itemization of damages on claims; verify correspondence to file, perform other related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of State and Federal liability statutes.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of commercial auto claims.
- Ability to make plan, organize and work independently under minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with claimants, insurance representatives, attorneys, physicians, City officials and the general public.
- Ability to maintain files, accurately.
- Ability to analyze facts and exercise sound judgment in arriving at conclusion.
- Aptitude to analyze accidents from written reports.
- Exceptional communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Arbitration and/or claims processing a plus: 1 year
- Collection background helpful
Required language: English, Spanish a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Experience: arbitration, claims handling: 3 years (Required)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred